Sunday, March 2, 2008

"And damn'd be him that first cries, 'Hold, enough!' "

My mind and my body are currently waging war against each other.

Mind: Babydoll, you've got a ton of stuff to do and time is flying by. Get to work. Quit being so dumb.

Body: Dude, please. I'm tired. I'm sick. I want to be horizontal rather than sitting at this damn table for the rest of my life. We can do the work later, can't we?

Mind: Absolutely not. We've got papers to grade, accounting to do, histology to study, and bone anatomy to memorize. I need you on top of your game!

Body: But we've got As in everything. Can't we maybe just, I don't know, stop studying histology? You'll do fine on the test.

Mind: We haven't started studying histology! You think we have because you look at it all the time, but we haven't been studying. I've been reminding you to study it but you haven't because you've been so lazy.

Body: Not lazy--TIRED! I'm exhausted! My phalanges hurt from writing comments on a billion essays and my eyes hurt from reading, reading, always with the reading......


You see how it's going. So, we'll see who wins. Either my mind will give in or my body will. Either way, there's not a prayer in the world that I can keep pushing myself full force without a break.

No comments: